I have always had a love for skincare products. Growing up I used to always want the latest products I had seen on the tv. Now I have the pleasure of working with some of the best brands in the world!
In the salon (Ellevisage Beauty), we use two skincare brands. One is called Thalgo and the other is called Alumier MD.
Let’s start with Thalgo. Thalgo began in the mid-1960s, it is a privately owned French based company. Thalgo pride themselves on their knowledge of marine algae and the benefits it has on the skin.
So why is marine algae so good for our skin?
- 1000 times more iodine than a land plant
- 10 times more magnesium than a land plant
- 10-20 times more calcium than milk
- 20 times more vitamins than land plants
Who knew that green slimy stuff could benefit us so much?
Thalgo has a huge range of products. I could go on for hours about my favourite products and why I use them, but if you would like to know more about Thalgo, feel free to book in for a skin consultation with myself or Karen from Ellevisage Beauty.
Now it’s time for Skincare to meet Science…. AlumierMD was created by a team of experienced PhD biochemists, physicians and skin care specialists.
They develop scientific formulations using innovative ingredients at optimal levels within advanced delivery systems. Yes I know how this sounds, but honestly you just have to try this range, it’s amzing.
So now you are wondering why we have two brands in the salon? Well with skincare unfortunately it’s not ‘one size fits all’. Basically each one of our products in the salon will help with a different problem (wrinkles, acne, dehydration etc.). The most important part of skincare is identifying the problem and them coming up with a solution by finding the right product.
Facts about the skin;
- When using a new product, you will usually start to see a difference after 28 days. This is because our skin sheds every 28 days.
- You can in fact start using anti-ageing products on your skin from as young as 21 years old.
- The skin is the largest organ in the body
- Your eyelids have the thinnest skin on your body
- Sleep helps replenish your skin
I hope you have found this blog helpful and now understand why I love skincare! If you have any questions regarding your skin, the brands we use in our salon or beauty please feel free to get in touch with me-